Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Bob & his llama in 3D: Dressing Gown

Along with making illustrations, I also like to craft miniatures. I thought it would be a fun challenge to create a 3d version of Bob and his llama, along with a couple of Bob's outfits. 


Here is Bob in a dressing gown, scarf, undershirt, underwear, socks and black pajama bottoms. He and his llama are in 1:6 scale. To create Bob, I began with one of Mattel's new slim ken dolls. Number 11, to be exact. He has a slightly wider face than Bob, but his body type is right. 


 The original doll is on the left. I removed his lip, and eyebrow paint with acetone, and used his eyes as a guideline. The picture on the right shows his new eyebrows, hair color, and some repainting on his eyes. 



Here is Bob's face, all painted. I used acrylic paint and added real, wool eyelashes. 



To create the llama, I started with a pipe-cleaner armature, and added a wool batting over the top, needle felting everything into place.  


To make his fluffy coat, I needle felted sections of alpaca/nylon yarn to the batting. He has little painted glass beads for eyes, and the finishing touches were added with acrylic paint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment